Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Yes Man

So after a morning/afternoon of getting nothing accomplished (ya, I really need to find a way to make some cash for next semester, as well as try to bang some stuff off my to-do list before break ends... :/ yikes!), a friend and I went to the mall/movies tonight to see Yes Man... it was great!

I am quite the movie buff (in case you don't know me that well), and, hence, I like to think of myself as an amateur film critic. lol... I'm no Ebert, but for what it's worth, here's a short review:

Yes Man was up there with Dumb and Dumber and Bruce Almighty among Jim Carrey's funniest! As a man who agrees to say "yes" to every opportunity that presents itself, Jim Carrey finds himself in hysterical situations that allow the best of his signature physical humor! And his comic timing is spot-on, as well! This great premise is also full of a lot of heart, as he learns to live a better life -- and he also falls in love with Zooey Deschanel (my favorite!!). She is perfect[ly adorable] in this! While some aspects of the film are predictable (like most all comedies these days), Yes Man is nevertheless a feel-good, well-acted comedy that I highly recommend!

That's all from me today... not much else going on here...
Coburn

No comments:

Post a Comment