Thursday, January 29, 2009

Casting! (and other bits of news, too)

After getting a much anticipated callback after Grease auditions the other night, we were sent the cast list! Lo and behold, I am Doody (please tell me nobody really names their kid that, or that anyone really uses that as a nickname for that matter), one of the T-Birds! Apparently, my character is goofy, has speaking lines (definitely a plus! lol), and sings some bits of solo stuff! Mind you, this is what I've been told, as I have not yet laid eyes on a script...

In other Bryant Players news, rehearsals for our two short shows are going well... We perform Rumors of our Death and High School for Dummies on February 6, 7, and 8, so be sure to come out and catch the shows at some point next weekend! They are a lot of fun!

So I am enjoying myself here. Kinda feels like I've been here longer than I have, but I guess that's just the way it goes... I joined the campus newspaper (The Archway), as well as the Bryant Singers, so I'm keeping busy.

Other than that, I am getting ready for my Spring Break trip to New Orleans! I am so pumped for KRUP! Basically Katrina Relief Urban Plunge is a week-long project that is what it sounds... apparently, over three years later, there is still a lot to be done, so I'm really excited to go help. I know that God is doing some great things in everything involved with the trip!

Well, I'm tired... I guess nobody bothered to mention to me that you don't sleep much while you're in college. ;)

Until next time,
Coburn

No comments:

Post a Comment